Wow! It has been ONE YEAR ago today since I started my blog, Fuel The Soul Today. THANK YOU to the over 1,000 followers on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and WordPress. I enjoy reading your comments, feedback, and receiving your emails. I truly APPRECIATE you all!
Like many people, I have had my shares of ups and downs this year. It’s life. But I have learned to focus more on counting my blessings and learning to let go of things that I know deep down are simply not good for my soul. I am lucky to have amazing people in my life that have stood by me when I needed them the most.
My year in review – Blessings, self reflection and lessons learned.
- ADVENTURES! This year, I was able to explore new US cities. I also adventured in two countries, including an absolutely fabulous trip to Paris with my sweet #LittleLove. I will cherish those memories forever and I cannot wait for more trips with her in the upcoming years. Adventures fuel my soul!
- I have been BLESSED with amazing FRIENDSHIPS. This year, they came through for me once again. There are not enough words in the world that could describe how much I love them and appreciate their support. I am also happy to have reconnected with friends from my past and I am all the better for doing so.
- I opened myself up to meeting new people. I made some new friends who are now regulars in my life and some… are simply lessons learned.
- I learned that WORK-LIFE BALANCE is essential to my personal happiness.
- Health and fitness-I realized that if I want something bad enough and surround myself with people who will support me and want to journey with me, fitness can be enjoyable and bring me so much personal happiness – mind, body, and spirit. Not to mention, being a good example to my daughter.
- I am now addicted to Spartan races. I am ready for the next one with my friends.
- I learned that people may try to hurt me with their words, but they could never break my spirit.
- I realized that when the opportunity arises for me and my #LittleLove to have something special and wonderful in our lives, I should not be afraid to take the opportunity. We DESERVE it! While many may not understand my personal decisions, I make no excuses for them. Everything I do is to make sure we are able to live our best lives.
- While I may be small in stature, I cannot be bullied. I am CONFIDENT, STRONG and will continue to speak my mind when I feel that someone is trying to intimidate me.
- I have learned that every day is an opportunity to LEARN something new.
- Motherhood has been the greatest gift ever bestowed upon me. But being a good mother requires hard work and admitting my own faults.
- I need to branch out of my daily outfits of yoga pants. Especially when your child thinks that wearing jeans to drive her to school is “dressing up.”
- Forgiving others is key to my personal happiness. While some take longer than others, I eventually get there.
- Even on my saddest days, I have learned to look for the rainbow.
- I am a DREAMER.
- I am a ROMANTIC at heart.
- I am a FIGHTER.
- When things don’t go right, I have learned to accept the fact that I cannot control everything.
- Material things are no longer important to me.
- I need to get better at saying no to so many commitments.
- It is OK to ask for help.
- My FAMILY is and will always be my true rock.
- Football is not good for my blood pressure, but I am addicted.
- I am EXCITED ABOUT THE FUTURE.
As the new year approaches, no doubt many of us are taking the time to reflect on our year. It’s sometimes easy to focus on the things we wish we could have done better and the things we wished we could have accomplished. But do reflect on your blessings. To those people that brought you joy, stood by you, and made your life richer, make sure you take the time to THANK them.
To my true friends. I am extremely thankful for your heart, encouragement, and loyalty. I am thankful for the smiles and laughter you brought into my life. May your life be full of blessings.