Today was such a sweet day. No, there were no major adventures this year, but I woke up to my #LittleLove wishing me a sweet birthday greeting. She cried as she could not find the card she got for me, but I reassured her that she alone was THE BEST THING on earth to ever happen to me. I reminded her that God knew exactly what he was doing when he blessed me with her. She held my hand for an hour straight as we attended Sunday mass and smiled at me the entire time. She must have told me five times that I was a the best mommy and she loved me so much. That my friends, that is MY #LittleLove. MY HEART. The one person earth who can turn any bad day into pure JOY.
We then had a nice lunch downtown at Jianna. It was absolutely fabulous. The food, the service, and the location has officially made this restaurant one of our favorite places to dine. Lunch was followed by one of our favorite coffee/ice cream shops, Spill The Beans across the street. Here are a few pics.
Another year has passed and here I am reflecting on this beautiful thing we call LIFE. Almost daily, I ask my #LittleLove the highs and lows of her day. So I decided to take the same approach with my year.
My major highs:
- This is the best I have felt in over eight years. At the beginning of this year, I decided to get back into working out. While I made the change to eat healthy and cut out preservatives as much as I can for my family years ago, adding exercise up to five days a week has positively changed the way I feel – mind, body, and spirit.
- Personal projects. I have really enjoyed this blog site and it has allowed me to fuel my soul by writing and sharing my story. I am excited for the upcoming year as, I take my site to a new level.
- This puppy we call “Charles.” While he can be a handful at times, he also brings so much joy into our lives.
- Continuing to adventure! I thoroughly enjoyed my first European trip with my #LittleLove and can’t wait for more.
- Continuing to build a special bond with my #LittleLove.
My major lows:
Thankfully, I can only think of one!
- I sometimes set my expectations too high. So when people disappoint, I take it to heart more than I should. In life, there will always be givers and takers or those that are balance of the two. I need to be a little bit more careful with the takers. I give more chances than I should.
Today, I welcome another year. I welcome a year of fueling my soul through continued friendships, new friendships, adventures, learning new things, gratitude, and self discovery. Don’t fear aging. Be brave. Take risks. Surround yourself with GOOD people who bring JOY into your lives. LIVE YOUR BEST SELF.
Cheers my friends. Here is to another year.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream another dream…”