Living far away from family can be hard, especially if you are close bunch who love each other very much. So for those of us lucky enough to have “close” friends, we cherish these friendships.
In my life, I have these crazy, fun, smart, and beautiful souls I can’t help but love so much. Life is funny, you start out as complete strangers, become acquainted, and somewhere along the way, you became completely inseparable. Yes, we have no blood connection, yet you begin to feel like family members. How does this happen?
Many of us started out as college roommates, colleagues, or neighbors, but over time, our relationships have evolved into something larger. We have created a FAMILY. This Sunday, I reflect on this beautiful other family I have in my life.
The funny side:
- There are no boundaries at times in our discussions. OK This is a complete and utter understatement.
- We accept each others weird and funny tendencies. In my circle, there are those who go bonkers over toilet paper (over or under). Those who store hats neatly in kitchen cabinets. Those who rub their friend’s heads after a few drinks. Those of us who act like we are at a live concert rather than in a friend’s kitchen. Those of us who watch football so seriously, we know when to be quiet rather than talk s#@t when your team makes a bad play (hahaha who am I kidding, we talk s#@ !).
- We have too many funny group texts. Let’s be honest, if there is a “Despacito” meme or Game of Thrones theory to be shared, you will get it!
- We speak our own language or change how your name is pronounced.
- We always have a reason to get together. Sports, dinner theme nights… Oh, there is a full moon? We should get together!
Then there are the things that bond us together:
- We are protective of one another.
- We know we can always count on each other for support.
- Sometimes we tell each other the hard things we may not always want to hear, but we need it.
- We are never alone on the holidays.
- We forgive quickly and often.
- We make time for each other.
- We celebrate each other’s accomplishments and share in one’s sorrow when dealt with hard times.
- And while we may not say it often, we LOVE each other.
So this Sunday, I am grateful for my beautiful friends. Thank you for always being weird, funny, dependable, caring, loyal, supportive and loving. Thank you for being there on my hardest days. Thank you for bringing so much joy and laughter into my life. #LittleLove and I are forever thankful.
Fuel The Soul