I took a few days off blogging. Why? I spent the extra time this week…at the gym. In the upcoming weeks, I will blog about my journey of getting back into fitness and a healthier lifestyle. Ever since Halloween, there seems to have been non-stop weekend party invites, Sunday Fundays, travel, big holiday meals and so on. All the while ignoring fitness and the healthy lifestyle that has always made me feel good about myself.
So I am back at it.
I have teamed up with my fabulous friend and neighbors and we began our 2017 journey of feeling fit and getting healthy.
- I joined a gym with my friend and we have been able to go most days. BONUS: We found a no frills gym for $10.00 a month. If you look hard enough, you will find one that fits your budget and will get you started.
- We met with a personal trainer (free) who made me ache for the next few days.
- My friend and I are signed up for a boot camp, where I expect my body to be found in a parking lot from death by workout 😦 BONUS: We found this via Groupon for $23.50 each, normally $240.00.
- I have never been one to eat processed foods or desserts, but my refrigerator is now packed again with delicious fruits and veggies.
I loved you so much, but let’s take a break.
- I started a neighborhood Get Fit Group with weekly weigh-ins and a chance to talk about our goals, share healthy recipes and hopefully future walks/runs together. BONUS: Making new friends in the neighborhood.
- Running 5-7 miles used to be easy…I went for a three-mile run this week and I almost called an ambulance on myself! There I was in my driveway..MAN DOWN! Yes, my legs were hungover the next day.
So whether your goal is to run this summer in a sports bra only as a top (hmmm who said that?), run 3 miles, run a half marathon, muscle definition, or even better…to just FEEL GOOD, there is no better time than now! Today is the day to BE STRONGER THAN YOUR EXCUSES.
To all my friends on this journey with me…